Be default the look of Wine is ugly - it always reminds me of the Windows 98 and Windows 2000 days.
But actually Wine supports theming - just like Windows XP - so you are able to apply the traditional Windows XP themes to Wine, like for instance the The Luna Theme, The Energy Blue Theme, The Royale Themes and The Zune Theme.
You can apply a theme to Wine by doing the following steps
- Open a terminal and then run winecfg
- Select the â€˜Desktop Integrationâ€™ tab
- Click on â€˜Install Themeâ€™
- Download a theme - perhaps the The Royale Theme from here
- Extract the file into a given folder
- After that browse to the folder that contains the themeâ€™s .msstyle file and select it and press open